lunes, 28 de abril de 2008

Pablo is a Thief

I had been speculating for quite some time that Pablo has been taking some of my things. I knew for sure that he was going in my room and going through my stuff since I got here because I would find random pair's of Cristi's or Maribel's underwear in hiding places. Then little things started to disappear and I just thought I had missplaced them or lost them. The first time I really thought about it was back in January when I went away for the weekend and when I got back I could not find one of my camera memory cards. I was positive where I had left it and it was no where to be found so again I thought that I must of have lost it. Regardless I had some suspicions and snooped around Pablo's room a bit only to find nothing. I felt bad about snooping but I had to be sure. I decided to start locking important things in my suitcase when I would leave for a trip, anything electrical, jewerly, and anything I did not want to worry about being in the open and that was small.

Sometimes when I would come back for a trip I would see things out of place so I knew he had been in my room, he also folded in half a picture of Matt and I and then basically told me he did it, weird. A few weeks ago I had to turn in a paper and went to my school bag to get my memory stick and it was not there. I looked around like crazy and could not find it. I realized I had another one and found it. Again I was suspicious but did not look around Pablo's room because last time I did not find anything. My teacher returned the paper last week and we had to make corrections so I went to get the memory stick and again it was gone and I knew I had seen it in my bag earlier that week but had not taken it out or used it. So at this point with two memory sticks gone I was sure that he has been taking them.

I went to the beach this past weekend and before I left I stratigically placed my school bag and closed the zipper half-way. When I came back it was moved and the zipper was closed all the way so it confirmed that someone, Pablo, was going through that bag. Last night I was going through some things and in the front pocket of my suitcase I found a thong that did not belong to me. Usually I would laugh but since I knew that little shit had been taking my things I was annoyed. Gracias to the thong an idea popped in my head, he is hiding my things in the girls' room. Luckily no one was home this morning so I first took a quick look in Pablo's room and then went to Crisit and Maribel's room and I found: one memory stick, dental floss that I remember losing, Crystal light packets that my sister had sent me, a lighter that I got from the Carnival I went to in Carmona, and an adapter for Austrailia. He basically had put my stuff in their drawers which are a mess so they would probably not notice. Now I guess it could be anyone in the house who is doing this but I think that the clear answer is Pablo because he has been obsessed with going in my room since I got here.

Now the question is what do I do. I only have a week left here so soon I won't have to worry about it. My concern is for the next person that is going to live here rather than myself at this point. I want to tell Paqui for that reason but I feel like this is delicate, I am accusing someone of stealing and it might be hard to proves espicially since I took the things I found back. I know that the other memory stick and my camera card are floating around somewhere but I have not found them yet. I am thinking about asking Palbo, without really asking him. I think I might try it and see how it goes.

I thought I was going crazy for a bit losing all of this stuff but I guess my old age is not affecting my memory as much as I though.

No hay comentarios: