lunes, 1 de octubre de 2007

Rooney = Pegote




Last week Rooney was in Granada. We had some good times, probably the most notable night with Rooney was this past Friday. Rooney, Kate, and I went out for some tapas and we found a random seafood place, probably one of my favorite places since I have been here. They served lightly fried fish for one tapas and small clams for the other, both delicious. We made friends with the guys working, took some shots, and went out to a disco with one of the bartenders. When we arrived at the disco no one was there, which I was not surprised because it was early according to Spain standards. The bartender told us that the guy working was his brother so I thought, great cheap drinks. A round of shots were given, along with a beer, and some more beers later. When it was around 4 am, maybe later and no one was there I thought it was a little sketchy. When we were ready to go, we got the bill, thinking it would be cheap and it was 56 euro. We somehow got the bill reduced to 41 euro, which was still a rip off because we did not even drink that much. Needless to say we were irritated with he first bartender we met because we thought we had the ¨hook-up.¨ Then the first bartender told us there was a night bus we could take and he wanted to show us. At this point Rooney was heated about the bill and attempting to speak Spanish. Although Kate or I should have stepped in and explained our irritation, I did not have the energy to get into a Spanish argument. So Rooney took over and starting yelling "Buscar" which means "to look for" and was not really relevant to the situation. Anyway the guy said some things very quickly in Spanish and eventually stormed off. I´m not sure if I´ll be returning to this tapas bar anytime soon.

I am sure I will be running into Rooney again in the near future, possibly next week.

No hay comentarios: